Friday, April 14, 2017

to Ballarat Fibre Arts and home

The wonderful silos at Coonalpyn, on the way over. Early morning at the school in Ballarat, my Anne Kelly class, lots of fun on an old tea towel, added pieces, and embroidery. The book that goes in the pocket and the 15x15 I bought while I was there. I seem to have a bird theme going. I am terribly tired, it is a long drive and the 5 days of class are pretty full on. We walked this morning on the beach and the washing is done. We had a wonderful class of women, all very talented and caring. Sad to think that probably this is my last but is very tiring and I am not sure what the next few months will bring with the bank not being kind. Loved Anne Kelly and if ever you have a chance to have a class with her, do it. I think I made new friends as well as catching up with old ones, these retreats or whatever you want to call them are the best.

2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

OMGosh, it sees like I just visited when you were LEAVING and here you area back home again. I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself and met with old and new friends and made some great art too!
Happy Easter.
xx, Carol

Hildred said...

Rest and relax and you will regain your strength, Penny, and have only happy memories of your wonderful stitching experience.