Thursday, September 08, 2016

Not feeling brilliant

I should be at a funeral but really couldnt face it, I have been feeling a bit wizzy and sick and worse when I bend over. I think actually it is hay fever or sinusitis or some such thing but John is fussing. I sat for a large part of the day and finished the second lamb. I am now exploring a knitted teddy bear, I dont usually like knitted stuff but these are so cute, designed by Julie at Little cotton rabbits. I have so much wool I really need to use it. I made a rabbit but the new great grand child is apparently a boy, so a bear it will be. I have also been searching for some wool blanketing for a cot blanket, I usually embroider one for all the grands, now great grands, I must admit girls are easier to embroider for than boys.. It blew like crazy all last night and has been quite wet today. I rushed out to take a photo of my flowering tulips before the weather got to them. I usually buy a few tulip bulbs every year, they dont really last in our climate but I do love to have them. Off to sit again.

4 comments:

Robin Mac said...

Oh Penny, I hope you feel better soon. Thank goodness I do not get affected by hayfever. We have had a gale blowing up here for the last four days, and today most unpleasant rain to go with it! Your lambs are sweet. I often think about buying some daffodil bulbs each year, but I doubt if they would flower for even one year. I do miss the cold climate flowers.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Hope you are soon feeling better. I too am knitting for a coming great grandchild. They don't want to know its sex so we shall not know until it is born.

Suztats said...

The tulips look so pretty. I like them, too, but so do the squirrels and chipmunks, so I've given up on them for my gardens. Hope you're feeling much better soon.

Penny said...

Oh dear! I hope you're feeling better by now -- all snuggled down asleep. We have two great grandsons. I love them dearly but I wish at least one of them would have been a girl *smile*. Take care!!